1/27/2014

no amount of looking would make that pilgrim's art / make sense


When I approached Daniel Karasik with a request to republish his poem "The Pilgrim Looks Up" on One Ghana, One Voice, I mentioned that I was also considering writing a “How Poems Work” essay on it. Daniel sent me a reply confirming he was happy to have the poem republished, and even went so far as to offer me his own take on a “How Poems Work” essay for “The Pilgrim Looks Up.” It was two words long: It doesn’t.

So begins my new How Poems Work essay over at One Ghana, One Voice. Needless to say, I reject his summary (almost) completely, and go from there.Thanks to Daniel for being a sport with this.

You can read the whole thing here:

How Poems Work #7: Rob Taylor on Daniel Karasik's "The Pilgrim Looks Up"

Inspired? If anyone out there feels like writing How Poems Work essays on poems written by Ghanaians or about Ghana, check out our submission guidelines.

No comments: