3/25/2015

Two April Readings

Oh April, the month when we feverishly try to get all of the poetry out of the way for the year!

I'm very pleased to have been invited to take part in two readings for National Poetry Month. The details:

Spring Poetry & Food Event For Kidsafe
Wednesday, April 15th, 7 PM
Chocolate Arts Cafe
1620 West 3rd Avenue, Vancouver
Featuring: Danny Peart, Rachel Rose, and me!
$20 (includes soup, desert, coffee - all proceeds to Kidsafe)
Get Tickets and Donate Here
Poster:


A Feast of Poetry
Friday, April 24th, 7 PM
North Vancouver City Library
120 West 14th Street, North Vancouver
Featuring: Raoul Fernandes, Pam Galloway, Rachel Rose, David Zieroth and me!
Free! And free appetizers!
RSVP via the NVCL Calendar
Poster:


If you haven't guessed yet, the League of Canadian Poets has set this year's Poetry Month theme as "Food" (because "Poetry... you know... about feelings and stuff" doesn't quite have that ring to it).

So come for the food, but stay to watch me try to convince the audience that my poems about family, nature, and sadness are actually about food. I'll call it "soul food" or something. Oh god... I really don't know how I'm going to pull this off...

I'd love to see you at either event (or both)!

No comments: