11/18/2017

Ontario Reading Sprint

I'm doing five readings in four days in Southern Ontario next week. I'll sleep on the plane? I'll sleep on the plane.

I'm very excited for this mini-tour, the last hurrah for The News as well as a pre-hurrah for "Oh Not So Great": Poems from the Depression Project, which arrived on my doorstop only yesterday!

Soooo many elephants!

I won't be launching "Oh Not So Great" in Vancouver until January (stay tuned for details), so folks in Ontario be sure to bootleg copies and make your millions selling them across the border.

I'm really thrilled to be able to do all these readings (my first time reading in each city, save Toronto), all the more so because of the far-more-talented-than-me poets who I get to read beside: Liz Ross, Chris Banks, Catherine Graham and Roo Borson:

I am half as intelligent as Roo, hence my head being half as large in the poster.

Roo Borson! Only one of my poetry idols, whose Night Walk was one of the first great Canadian poetry books I read, and whose Short Journey Upriver Toward Oishida remains one of my favourite poetry collections of the 21st Century. I'm going to keep it cool. Cool cool cool cool cool. After I get her to sign all my books, of course.

The details on all the readings:

Say It! Reading Series
Monday, November 20th, 2017
7:30 p.m. (doors open 7 p.m.)
The Human Bean
80 King Street West
Cobourg, Ontario
Reading with: Liz Ross and Rachel Revoy

Art Bar Reading Series

Tuesday, November 21st, 2017
8:00 p.m.
Free Times Cafe
320 College Street
Toronto, Ontario
Reading with: Catherine Graham and Chris Banks

Poetry London
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017
7:30 p.m.
London Public Library, Landon Branch
167 Wortley Road
London, Ontario
Reading with: Roo Borson

Redeemer University College Reading
Thursday, November 23rd, 2017
4:30 p.m.
777 Garner Road East
Ancaster, Ontario

Hamilton Poetry Centre

Thursday, November 23rd, 2017
7:15 p.m.
Bryan Prince Bookseller in Hamilton
1060 King Street West
Hamilton, Ontario

If you're in the region, I'd love to see you at one of these readings. And if I see you on two different nights I'll give you a free book for your unreasonable loyalty!

No comments: