10/19/2020

In case you need a fun distraction (or 139 of them...)

Back in July, inspired by Leslie Hurtig's tweet of three book titles in emojis, I started creating "Emoji Book Title" puzzles over on Donald Trump's favourite toilet read, Twitter.com. If you're old, you call these rebus puzzles. But I'm trying to pretend I'm young, so "Emoji Book Titles" it is.

Whatever you call them, I figured some of you sensible folk who don't use Twitter might also like to play along. In the last three months, I've posted 139 rebus puzzles: Canadian poetry, fiction and non-fiction, US poetry and fiction, Nobel prize winners and even a bonus mystery round! You can give them all a read below, and you can click through to Twitter if you are curious about an answer - every one of them has been correctly guessed by someone in the replies.

It's been tricky finding ways to connect with others in the writing community during the pandemic, and playing these games has done just that. Kinda? Anyway, it's been a heck of a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"U-๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿง ๐Ÿง ๐Ÿง ๐Ÿง "
That's no ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ’ฉ !
๐Ÿคฃ