6/19/2023

Malahat Review Listserv Found Poem #3


What the World ----- Re: Love - Tara Colbourne

“I suddenly see all around us” – George Bowering “On Quadra Island”


we say please when we mean [fuck off]
sometimes          don’t we?
please check, please update, please fix or better
yet, please remove me, remove my name, remove
my love, same, same
same

to wade through
all this ----- I don’t know
is anyone paying attention?

I thought it was [love]

I keep getting messages
from people       I don’t know
everyone ----- please stop
please prevent further flooding
have you been accessed
or compromised or FLOODED

we say fuck off sometimes when we
mean
[please] ----- with no kindness
remove me because
this is ridiculous
please ----- take me
off
forever

please love, please




Thank you to Tara Colbourne for this one. You can read all the found poems in this series here. To submit your own, email it to me at roblucastaylor(at)gmail(dot)com.


No comments: