8/18/2010

HAGSDLAF

If tomorrow's Main Street Magazine Tour (where I'll be reading - 7 PM @ Pulpfiction Books) isn't enough lit love for one week for ya, it'll be followed by the two-day poetry explosion known as the Summer Dreams Literary Arts Festival.

This year things are kicking off on Friday evening with an awards night, where Susan Musgrave will be given a lifetime achievement award. Other awards will be handed out as well, including a citizenship award to Daniela Elza.

The main event starts at noon on Saturday at Lumberman's Arch in Stanley Park, and runs until 7:30 PM. Readings by Susan Musgrave, Catherine Owen, Betsy Warland, Fran Bourassa, Evelyn Lau, Brad Cran and many, many more. There will also be music, panel discussions, workshops, a kids tent, and a "Literary Game Show" (!). A full schedule is available here.

As is becoming a terrible tradition, I will be missing the festival because I'm out of town hiking. You must festival it up for me, aight?

Have A Good Summer Dreams Literary Arts Festival, y'all!

POSTER TIME:



p.s. As mentioned above,I'm going to be out of town hiking. I'll be back posting in ten days or so. To tide you over 'til then, check out my latest MS Paint adventure: a new Twitter background/poem. Hurrah!

p.p.s. Sorry if you thought the above Twitter link had something to do with MS Paint Adventures. In hindsight, I wish it had too...

2 comments:

daniela elza said...

Thanks Rob, for spreading the word.
I almost made it to your reading. We were too late driving in from Nelson that day, and drove into the rush hour and construction. Took ten hours to get home.

Rob Taylor said...

Oh, I guess I'll have to forgive you. Congrats on the Poetry in Transit inclusion - soooo cool.