12/02/2010

just when you thought you were safe from the hype...

First off, I'm reading next week as part of what looks to be a great line-up of readers for the TWS Reading Series:

TWS Reading Series
Thursday, December 9th, 7:00 PM
Rhizome Cafe
317 East Broadway, Vancouver
Featuring: Grant Lawrence, Renee Saklikar, Melissa Sawatsky, myself and more!
Free!
Second, and as you'll have found if you clicked the link above and read my bio, I've got a book coming out in the Spring! It's entitled The Other Side of Ourselves and will be published by Cormorant Books.

I wanted to hold off on hyping it until Lyric came out, so that I could maximize the chap-hype. Now that that lovely beast is in my hands (and hopefully arriving in the hands of subscribers shortly), and this playbill is being sent around the internet, it seemed about time to let spill the worst-kept secret in silaron history.

I don't have much to say at this point, other than that the book is finished and I'm very, very pleased with it. But I will have more to say soon enough, to be sure.

For now, though, dear reader, I recommend that you start saving your shekels, as I expect you to buy fifty copies in the Spring. Also, here's a handy seasonal tip: give everyone on your Christmas list IOUs for The Other Side of Ourselves. Bam! Christmas shopping done.

You can thank me later. In the form of additional book purchases.

I'm out of control and it's only December...

4 comments:

Rob Taylor said...

Thanks, Brenda!

Rob Taylor said...

p.s. Just got the pun in your blog's URL. Yes, it took me that long...

daniela elza said...

hey rob,
how come i still do not have my copies?

congrats on this. and looking forward to THE BOOK.
happy holidays

Rob Taylor said...

You really should have it by now. Send David an email, just to check.