2/22/2011

ubc'n some great readings

Yes, I do hate myself a little more every time I write a post title. Thanks for asking...

I've been sick of late and in my tissue-and-nyquil haze I forgot to post readings last week. I hope you took in Kate Braid and Lisa Robertson nonetheless. The Robertson reading marked the debut of People's Co-op Bookstore's new "Third Friday" reading series, which seems to be closely linked with New Star Books (the next two readings, at least, feature New Star authors).

Ok, time to get back on track. Three readings out of UBC this Thursday, posted below and on the big list for February:

Ray Hsu and Evelyn Lau Reading
Thursday, February 24th, 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
Victoria Learning Theatre (Rm 183)
1961 East Mall, UBC Main Campus, Vancouver
Featuring: see title!
Free!


Robson Reading Series
Thursday, February 24th, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
UBC Robson Square Bookstore/Library
800 Robson Street (plaza level), Vancouver
Featuring: Eve Joseph, Lydia Kwai and Kenneth Radu
Free!


Locution Reading Series
Thursday, February 24th, 7:00 PM
Pulpfiction Books
2422 Main Street, Vancouver
Featuring: Katia Grubisic and Alexander McLeod
Free!

No comments: