3/20/2013

"Glimpses of Africa" Reading Tomorrow

While still in Zambia I was invited to participate in an ekphrasistic writing project in response to Claudine Pommier's Glimpses of Africa photo exhibit, which is currently on display at the Jewish Community Centre's Zack Gallery. I'd participated in similar projects (which are organized through a partnership between the Gallery and Pandora's Collective) twice previously, and a poem from one of those sessions, "Computer Monitor Ekphrasis", made it into The Other Side of Ourselves. So I was already keen on trying it again, and with a subject like "Glimpses of Africa", how could I refuse?

I've written a couple short poems on the exhibit, which I will share at the reading along with (if time permits) a piece or two that I wrote while traveling. We'll see.

The details:

Music, Poetry & Word Whips inspired by Glimpses of Africa
Thursday, March 21st
7:00-9:00 PM
Zack Gallery
Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver
950 West 41st Ave. Vancouver
Featuring: Music by Nancy Newman and poetry by Jamie Reid, Chelsea Comeau, Daniela Elza, myself and more!
Free!

The fancy poster:


I hope to see you there!

No comments: