1/17/2015

Three Poems in Cascadia Review

Cascadia Review is a wonderful little online magazine devoted to poetry from the Cascadia bioregion.

I was very happy, last week, to be a featured poet on the site. I bucked tradition a bit and sent them three poems from Africa (two new ones from our recent stay in Zambia, and one from Ghana which die-hard silaron fans might recognize from my 2008 chapbook, Child of Saturday).

I also wrote a short (well... long) "statement of place", in which I did my best to explain why I sent a bunch of Africa poems in to a magazine devoted to the "Pacific Northwest".

You can read all three poems, and the statement of place, in one place here, or individually here:

The bucket is blue and deep and brims with cool water
18:00
At Makola
Statement of Place

As my "Statement of Place" suggests, the timing of this publication was perfect, as Marta and I had just returned from a short trip through Wahshington and Oregon.

Thank you to Cascadia Review for running my poems, and for bringing all of us in Cascadia a little closer together!

No comments: