11/10/2007

it's the cabbage patch kids all over again


The resemblance is uncanny...

A year and a half after its release, I'm finally out of copies of splattered earth (they are still available at Magpie Books and The People's Co-op Bookstore, though). I'm still waiting for my new manuscript, child of saturday, to be rejected by a swath of chapbook publishers before self-publishing it. In the interim I'm thinking I might do a second printing of splattered earth, just so I'll have something to give to people if they are interested after readings and such.

I think I'll also throw in another "China" poem of mine, "pen pal", which I wrote after publishing the chapbook, though that will probably send the formatting all to hell. Gooooo, white space!

At this point, though, I just wanted to say THANKS!!! to everyone who grabbed a copy (or two) and helped me clear up some shelf space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sold out of something! Congratulations. I hope I have that feeling someday...

BTW, I'm not sure comparing your art to cabage patch dolls is a smart move. Did you know it was the dolls that eventually put that company out of business?

Rob Taylor said...

man...the two have more in common than i thought...