6/09/2009

it's like a normal agm, but with poetry

Ok, for many that might sound like the most boring thing imaginable, but personally I'm pretty jacked about the League of Canadian Poets AGM/Conference/Festival, which is being held in Vancouver this year!

The conference is launching this Thursday evening at Cafe Montmartre and ending on Sunday, with most activities happening at SFU Harbour Centre. The conference will feature readings from both A Verse Map of Vancouver and Rocksalt, which has allowed me to sneak my foot in the door.

I'll be reading at both the "Welcome Reading" on Thursday night and the Verse Map of Vancouver reading the following day. The details for those readings are as follows:

Welcome Reading
June 11th, 7:30 PM
Cafe Montmartre, 4362 Main Street

Verse Map of Vancouver Reading
June 12th, 12:00 - 1:30 PM
SFU Harbour Centre, 515 West Hastings

I'm pretty sure anyone can go to the welcome reading. I'm not sure about the other - might be members only - but I doubt many people are going to suddenly skip work anyway...

The full schedule of events, including a Rocksalt reading on Saturday (11:30 - 12:30 PM, Harbour Centre), can be viewed here.

No comments: