12/11/2009

tws reading report

The TWS reading last night was a great success. It was the third I've been to, and they seem to keep getting better. Every reader brought something good to the table, higlighted by Renée Saklikar's reading from her work-in-progress The Canada Project. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

It was great to see a number of people I hadn't seen in a while, including Tanyss Knowles. She took the reigns of SFU's High Altitude Poetry after myself and a few others graduated, and has now managed to pass those duties on to someone else - quite an accomplishment, to say the least...

Tanyss had the Fall 2009 issue of HAP with her, which includes two poems of mine. It's hard to believe HAP has made it to issue number 25, but here it is, five years and 10,000 copies later... If you're around SFU, you should grab a copy, or better yet, volunteer!

2 comments:

Hello said...

do you make a living off of your poetry or is it just a hobby?
I could never get into it, but I've always wanted to.
Me

Rob Taylor said...

I suppose it depends on what "a living" means... if humans could survive on contributor copies alone, I might be able to make it to the end of the month, but that's about it...