12/06/2016

Incite Reading Series - January 18th


I'm thrilled to be taking part in the Vancouver Writers Fest's Incite Reading Series this January. I'll be one of four poets reading at the opening event of the 2017 season. The details:

Incite Reading Series
Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 7:30 pm (doors 7:00 pm)
CBC Studio 700
700 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
Featuring: Rachel Rose, me, Patricia Young and Jan Zwicky!
RSVP here.

Two items of note here:

1. That list of names is alphabetical! Rose, Taylor, Young, Zwicky. It's like they did that thing where your high school teacher picks names from the bottom of the class list, just to shake things up.

2. That list of names!!! I'm incredibly fortunate to read with these three. It will be especially meaningful to me to read with Jan Zwicky, whose Lyric Philosophy was an important guide for me during the writing of The News (and one of the reasons I sought out Gaspereau as a publisher).

For regular attendees of the series, please note that this event will be held across the street from the usual venue (the VPL) in CBC Vancouver's Studio 700. The VPL's lower floors are still being cleaned up from the flooding back in September (Dead Poets will be relocated again, too, for the same reason).

I hope you can make it out to the reading. Even if you're sick of hearing me read, the rest of this lineup will be worth putting up with me for a few minutes!



No comments: