3/08/2017

The News - Shortlisted for the Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize


Goodness it was fun waking up yesterday to the news that The News has been shortlisted for the BC Book Prizes' Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize!

The winner will be announce on April 29th, though I'm not holding my breath - the competition is stiff, with the latest (and in some cases, first!) books from Juliane Okot Bitek, Adele Barclay, Anne Fleming and Richard Therrien all on the shortlist as well (you can read my interview with Juliane, about her shortlisted book 100 Days, here). My money's on Juliane, for what it's worth...

You can read all about the shortlisted books, and the finalists for the other six categories at the BC Book Prizes, here.

Thank you to the jurors for thinking my book Top-Five-Worthy! It's an honour to be in the company of such fine poets.

The finalists for the seven categories. Go little green flowers, go!

No comments: