10/09/2024

"Weather" updates

I had a wonderful time launching my new book, Weather, across BC in May, culminating in a hometown launch in Port Moody, hosted by Raoul Fernandes and featuring a reading by Kayla Czaga from her new book, Midway.

Raoul Fernandes' hosting was so entertaining that
hardly anyone was playing Monopoly when he spoke.
Thank you to everyone who came out to any of my events or picked up a copy of the book. It really means the world to me.

A highlight of the summer was being interviewed by Margaret Gallagher for CBC's North by Northwest in August. You can listen to the interview here.

Another highlight has been the reception to my essay "Some Notes on Writing Haiku," which was published at TheWoodlot.ca (Chris Banks' new poetry review site!) in May. I've received really positive responses from both folks who were new to haiku and haiku devotees (I worried a bit about the latter). The essay was even picked up by the New Zealand Poetry Society, who reposted it on their blog in September. What a thrill!

If you haven't read the essay, and are curious about haiku (either in general, or my take on the form), I encourage you to give the essay a read. And, of course, if it piques your interest at all, I encourage you to pick up a copy of the book from Gaspereau Press or your local bookstore!

No comments: